Amharic, French, Oromo, Tigrinya, Spanish,
*This position is to contract Amharic, French, Oromo, Tigrinya, Spanish, Somali speaking note-takers with research background
Habitus Consulting is engaging with communities in Calgary and looking for a note-taker with the mentioned second language to attend 1-4 events. Training is provided.
Note-Taking activities include:
Attend 1–2-hour training; attending assigned events; cleaning and organizing the notes; uploading them to the drive; and submitting your hours.
This is a contract position:
● 2-3 hours per event
● 1-4 events to attend in total
● Pay rate is $22-$27/hr (Depending on experience)
● Some evening and weekend work will be required
● This is a remote work/work from home position
● Use of your laptop or personal computer is required, as well as internet access
● Excellent writing skills – with ability to critically analyze and synthesize complex information for a general audience
● Strong interpersonal and communications skills (i.e. comfort and ability to facilitate group discussions, public speaking)
● Strong organizational skills
● Ability to work under tight timelines
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team
● Practical or academic knowledge of key social issues that are relevant in Canada/Calgary
Qualifications / requirements
● A background in Social Sciences (Sociology, Social Work, Geography, Anthropology, Psychology, etc.) with knowledge of research methods is preferred.
● Experience in cross-cultural settings
● Students with research experience are welcome
● Experience writing literature reviews, reports, and briefing documents
● Practical experience as a member of a social sciences/community-based research
How to apply
Interested parties should submit a Cover Letter, CV or resume, and two references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line of the email should read: Application –Note-Taker
Any questions about the position or requirements can be sent to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.